From the very outset, lies in three main areas:
- Validation of the online interest in your Product/Service.
- The alignment/integration of your PPC efforts with your stated business objectives and desired outcomes.
- An understanding of your Business, Goals, and what will be required to meet or exceed them.
Research – The Foundation
Whether evaluating an existing program, or starting fresh, we begin with Research. During the first month of an EverEffect engagement, we look at the following:
1. Your site
How is it currently being “categorized”? Often, there is a difference between what a site owner thinks they are presenting to Searchers and how they are perceived by the various Search Engines. This is critical to understand, as Campaigns can suffer when Keywords, Text Ads, and site content are not in sync with how they are viewed by the SEs, Google in particular. Such findings often color our thinking and eventual recommendations.
2. Product or Service Keyword Research
What you are offering vs. what your target audience is really searching for? Each particular offering may yield between 0 and 1,000 possible terms to evaluate at the outset. Just today, we presented our findings to a client who had been advertising an internal jargon phrase (0 searches per month) vs. a more highly targeted phrase (22,200 searches per month), which was more popular with their target audience!
This research covers multiple dimensions:
- Level of competition; how many others are bidding on your core keywords? One of our clients has more than 900 Competitors bidding on their core Keywords!
- Creative; how is the Competition positioning their Product/Service? What can we learn from their approach? How can we differentiate?
- Competition Keywords; what terms currently trigger your competition’s Ads? This is important for two reasons: 1) we can determine how well their campaigns are optimized and, 2) this is often a gold mine in terms of building a Negative Keyword List.
4. Online Commercial Intent
Are terms transactional or informational in nature? In most cases, we would wish to identify Keywords with high-OCI (Intent to buy).
An audit of historical performance on site can guide Strategy and help build our Keyword list. What are your most popular pages? The least popular? Why? What do people do, how do they behave on your site?
Management – Nuts & Bolts
The remainder of what we do is based on testing, measuring, analyzing, and refining what we do on your behalf to continuously improve and meet your goals. How are Keywords, Ads, and Campaigns performing? In the end, PPC must be creating value for you.
Leverage high-performers, eliminate waste … and being properly set up to understand and react – in a timely fashion – is our overall approach.
Shoot us an email or call (888-506-2183) to see if we are the right fit for your PPC Management needs.