July 1 Huge Date in EverEffect History
Over the years, we’ve encountered a great deal of skepticism regarding our claim of being founded in the sixth century B.C. Sometimes, though – this claim gets people interested in our earliest digital marketing endeavors, and they wish to learn more.
In the spirit of transparency, we’d like to point to the following.
Seven Wonders of the Ancient Marketing World
Solutions EverEffect Created with Lasting Results
- Digital Marketing. We jumped on this bandwagon early on when “digital” meant counting on actual digits, i.e. fingers.
- Hammurabi’s Code. The Sixth King of Babylon’s original vision was an iPod for an iPod, a Bluetooth for a Bluetooth. Unfortunately, neither had been invented yet. We suggested, “An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,” and the rest is histoire.
- The 10 Commandments. While God invented the first Tablets, it was Moses who brought them to market. A little-known fact is there were originally 14 commandments. After conducting exhaustive market research, including focus groups – we suggested that the number of commandments be pared down to a Top 10 (with a nod to David Letterman).
- Tagging Art. Leonardo da Vinci was a struggling graffiti artist when he first engaged EverEffect. We urged Leo to think big, and he did. Who do you think told him to tag the Sistine Chapel? A great artist, although very temperamental. I mean, who doesn’t get along with the Pope?
- Historic Startups. EverEffect played a key role in launching legendary brands like the Roman Empire and The United States of America. We’re very proud of our work here, including the creation of positioning statements like “All Roads Lead to Rome,” and “The World’s Melting Pot.”
- Reputation Management. Who do you think made Alexander the Great, great? Callisthenes of Olynthus, a grand nephew of Aristotle, worked for us in the early days. It’s a lot easier to win battles when you don’t have to fight them. Our Lord of Asia won a few skirmishes, burned a city or two to the ground. Then, Callisthenes wrote about these exploits and shared them with upcoming targets. “That’s a nice little polis you’ve got there. Be a shame if anything happened to it.” Our campaigns helped Alexander conquer most of the known world, and we ended up with a catchy new slogan, “The pen is mightier than the sword,” which we used for two millennia, although it was later falsely attributed to Edward Bulwer-Lytton in 1839.
- Quest Marketing. We invented this precursor to Search Marketing. Perhaps you’ve heard of King Arthur? The Sword in the Stone, Camelot, The Holy Grail? All campaigns created by EverEffect’s Social Media Guru Thomas Mallory. Of course, social media largely consisted of town criers at the time, but never underestimate the power of Word of Mouth. Besides, one must work with the technology available at any given time, and Al Gore had not yet invented The Internet. Nevertheless, the Arthurian Legend remains popular to this day, in no small part to millions of people who have liked or shared the original Content we created. And people call Merlin a Magician!
In Honor of Our Vast Millennia*
Oh, we’ve had our share of setbacks.
- Alexander had Callisthenes executed after reading a less than flattering press release that Cally had written and widely distributed without client approval.
- We pitched our services to Roman Emperor Nero, but did not get that Reputation Management gig. In hindsight, a good thing for us, not so good for him. Fiddlers both, Charlie Daniels is revered for The Devil Went Down to Georgia while Nero is universally reviled as a devil incarnate for fiddling while Rome burned.
- Yahoo! and Google marginalized Quest Marketing by re-branding it Search Engine Marketing (SEM). This one hurt as we missed out on billions in potential revenue.
Overall, we’d have to say that it’s been a rough and tumble and rewarding slog for us.
*Thomas Heed is Founder & President of EverEffect. Our slogan, Stop Buying Impressions & Start Marking One, continues to make an impression on our clients and potential customers for 12 years and counting. Currently, we are ranked #1 in Indiana and #13 nationally for performance, client retention and a few other key evaluation metrics versus our peers. That’s why we celebrate another successful year every July 1.
GET TO KNOW EVEREFFECT
As a Premier Google Partner, EverEffect has exclusive access to Google expertise – a distinction given to only a select number of Google Partners worldwide. Now, we can help our clients and potential customers learn the latest industry trends and how to best leverage them through exclusive webinars with our Google experts. It’s just one of great benefits that come from the experience, dedication and results-driven success our clients receive.