Be straight to the point
- Ads that are more fact-based with a good sales pitch tend to have better performance than ads that are just simply trying to be clever
Headlines. Headlines. Headlines.
- In a world where headlines have become more important than ever in determining if someone will read your material, you want to make sure your headline is attention grabbing and tailored specifically to the product/service you are offering.
Think about your email inbox; you read the subject line (headline) first, and then you decide to open, read at a later time, or delete it altogether. When you’re competing with 9 other ads, you want to make sure your headline grabs the attention of the reader. This will increase the chances of your Ad being read, and if it’s structured right, will increase the chances of it being clicked on.
Ad Text – What to include?
- Current sales, coupon codes, etc.
- Call to Action – Use the 3 C’s:
“Call Us Today” is over-used. Try something new like “Schedule Your Consultation Now”.
- Be sure to include the benefit of using your service/or buying your products (this is also where sales & coupons also come into play)
- Capitalize the first letter of every word (excluding articles, conjunctions, etc). If you don’t like this idea, Google something and just see which ads your eyes are drawn to! In my opinion, the capitalized ads have a more polished, professional feel to them.
- Take out the www. (it serves no purpose)
- Include the Keyword at the end
Follow these tips in your PPC Management program and you will be on your way to creating successful Text Ads! As for the page it leads too….well, that’s a different story, and maybe another blog for another time!